Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Harsh Words

I play volleyball every Tuesday night with a group of friends. It is normally very positive and a great workout. There is one player who occasionally gets a little feisty. He normally takes it out on the ball, but occasionally he takes it out with little biting remarks to or about others. He normally states them under his breath, but they are definitely noticed. They have normally been directed towards others and I just have shrugged my shoulders and figured it was just him being him. Last night however it was directed at me. Why is it that that makes all the difference. No one really stood up for me and several just ignored it or didn't realize it was happening. I have a pretty thick skin and know that there is a different mentality you have to have when playing with "boys", but it stung a bit. I am pretty much over it, but I know I will respond differently next time when I notice it directed toward anyone. The question I struggle with is how to do so it the Christ-like way?

0 comments: