It says here that my last blog was March 28th. Wow time flies. We had 12 days of spring break and I got out of the habit. We are doing well here. Spring break was fun. The first weekend we went down to Nate and Michelle's to pick up Grandma Martin and watched conference with my mom and dad. The rest of the break we just stayed at home. The first of the week it snowed and was very cold. We went bowling and to Horton hears a Who on the colder days. On the next weekend we went to a historic farm to see baby animals. We watched the forecast and it said that on the last day of spring break we would have warmer weather. The kids begged to have a water party. Warm here is 60 degrees. Swimsuits and 60 degree weather don't go together well. I told them I would think about it. (For my siblings out there, I know you know that that means NO) Monday came and believe it or not it hit 80 degrees. I did not even think about sunscreen, remember it was snowing 3 days earlier. My children and all the neighborhood came over and we had a water party. 300 water balloons, a homemade dunking machine, running through sprinklers, and a mud hole. Sorry I did not get pictures, it took all I had to orchestrate 15 kids. It was fun to be outside all day, but the kids were pretty toasted. The next day school started up again and believe it or not, IT SNOWED!!!!!!! We have seen rain, snow, and weather in the 60's since. We need heat so that my trees and flowers will blossom. I will send beautiful pictures when that happens.
What got me thinking about blogging today was what happened last night. We were all going in different directions last night. Finally we regrouped and started to get kids to bed. Julia was so tired that she would not go to sleep. We finally had to put her in her crib and let her cry and closed the door. She stopped crying a few minutes after we put her down. I knew she was exhausted and was asleep. The rest of the kids had headed to bed too. Dale went to check on the kids before going to bed and this is what he found.How cute is that. Preston couldn't take the crying and he got into Julia's crib to help her go to sleep. He is such a tender spirit and a good big brother.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG
Posted by Crystal at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is such a sweet picture! How nice of Preston to help Julia!! I'm glad you guys had a good spring break. Hope all is well!! Love you guys!
Way to go Crystal!! What a fun party for all those children dying to get out of the house. You are an amazing mother. Marian
HOLY COW. That is such an incredibly cute picture. Preston has always had a special place in my heart!
P.S. Will you tell Natalie 'hi' for me? I've been thinking a lot about her lately. She is growing up so quickly! What a beautiful young women she is becoming.
Crystal, that made me cry. That is SO sweet!!! What a good big brother!! :)
That is the sweetest picture! Thanks for sharing a tender moment with us.
Post a Comment