Monday, March 03, 2008

HERE IT COMES AGAIN

For Christmas, Preston gave me these lovely earrings. Luckily for me I can wear them nearly six months out of the year where we live.


We are experiencing our usual spring weather lately. Case in point. Saturday we were out to basketball games. When we got home the kids were in their shorts and the temperature was in the low 50's. Dale kindly cleared out the snow in my flower beds and we noticed my bulbs were popping out of the ground. We had plans to attend the temple at one o'clock. When getting into the car Dale mentioned that I didn't need a coat because it was so warm. The weatherman had predicted a storm though and I chose to be prepared. When we left the temple a snow storm was in full force. It was big enough to cancel school in Georgia. My bulbs are once again covered with snow. I was complaining to Dale that I was upset because I really want spring. He laughed and said, "This is spring". Although blossoms are at least a month away and we may have to look through snow for Easter eggs, Spring has sprung. I was thinking though that some of you can't do THIS in the spring. So I will count my blessings.


4 comments:

Audra said...

Nope, no sledding for us! And what a fun family activity!

But our cherry blossoms are kind of nice.

Sorry! That last comment was uncalled for.:)

Jessi said...

My kids have never been sledding. It's kind of sad.

cpcox99 said...

I'm sorry it's still so snowy there - but I have to say, I'm jealous of the beautiful, green summers you have in lovely C. valley. Come down soon and see some bulbs anytime!

Michelle Pyne said...

I feel for you cause I am ready for spring too! Our Georgia-ites get spring first, and then I think we are next. My daffodils have been poking out of the ground since late January, but still no blossoms. I am absolutely itching for my hostas and ferns to come back in the back yard. At least we aren't still covered in snow! I feel for you!