None of my children have ever had a blanket that they were attached to until Julia. Julia has a yellow blanket that is like her best friend. It gives her comfort, she can't sleep without it and it is normally very close by. Today the blanket needed a wash. I tried to sneak it in to the washer without her noticing, but she caught me. She sat in front of the washer distraught watching her blanket pass by the window, but not able to get to it. We attempted to distract her, but she kept watch for several minutes. The blanket is coming out of the dryer soon. I am going to try to take a picture as I give it back. It is amazing how much joy one little blanket can give.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
BABY BLANKETS
BEFORE
Posted by Crystal at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I wish there were something that could comfort me like that! It's like magic.
What a cutie! It looks like it was a harrowing experience being separated from her favorite blanket, but it does have a very happy ending!
Oh poor Julia! That before picture captures so much emotion! I was never attached to a blanket and then all my boys have their own "blankies". I think it is kind of funny!
These pictures are priceless! The sudden transformation of emotion makes me laugh. Julia is so cute.
Post a Comment