Our stake challenged us to read the New Testament and the Book of Mormon last year. I finished the Book of Mormon, but did not do so well with the New Testament. I have a book I took from my mom's home that has been a huge help this year so far. It is The New Testament with the Joseph Smith Translation by Steven and Julie Hite. It has the gospels in chronological order and in parallel columns. It is also the rest of the New Testament. The original King James version is all there and the Joseph Smith translation is added in bold. It has helped me understand the Saviors mission so much better. It has 355 pages. There are 356 days in a year. Do you see a goal forming here? I have enjoyed it so much so far this year, I am on page 74. That is technically Matt 9, Mark 5, Luke 8, and John 8 and Jesus in Capernaum.
Monday, January 07, 2008
New Year, Old Goal
Posted by Crystal at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I bet that would be so interesting to read!
What a great book! Good luck on our goal.
There are wonderful things in the New Testament! You are going to love it!
Post a Comment