Thursday, January 17, 2008

MY IPOD BROKE

For awhile now I have been having trouble with my menu button on my ipod not working. It is over a year old and no longer under warranty. I began reading online about ways to possibly fix the problem. I read about needing a new part, resetting it, and many other suggestions. I tried nearly all and had no luck. Finally, I read a note by someone that said to push down on the button and clean with a toothpick around the edge of the control wheel. I found a significant amount of gunk that had built up over time. Once I did a gentle cleaning, the menu button worked again! I love the internet. You can find solutions to anything.

Speaking of solutions, I am trying to find a game that would teach table manners to children around 8 years old. If anyone knows one, please let me know. It can only take about 20 minutes. It is for our valentines etiquette party in Preston's class.

3 comments:

Kjirsten said...

I am relieved to know you got your ipod working again...especially since I just purchased one for Jan! I better last for a long while.

Games for etiquette, how about concentration? Tell them the manners, and then make a board where they have to pull off two cards and see if they mathch? Like under one card could be "burp" and then they would have to find the card that reads "Excuse me" Or you could do a Jeopardy and have different categories and money amounts. One of the answerws could be "Please pass the salt" and they would have to come up with the question "What you say when you want something at the table." Anyway, when all else fails, jeopardy and concentration matching always works for me. Charades might even be fun, they could act out the wrong or right behaviour and if their team guesses it they get a point. You are so creative, tell me what you come up with.

Abbi said...

I'm so glad you were able to fix it! I broke Chad's ipod a couple months after we got married and I felt SO bad. I didn't realize his athletic shorts have pockets (mine don't), and I put one of them in the wahser AND dryer with his ipod in its pocket. I felt awful. So I'm glad this was a fixable kind of break--just make sure you don't put it in the wash, and it'll stay as good as new! :)

Michelle Pyne said...

Isn't it such a joy when you get something to work again? I was ready to throw a fan away, but then as a last resort I took it apart, oiled it, put it back together, and it worked! I will remember to clean out junk around the on-off buttons from now on.