We had an amazing day on Sunday. It was Preston's birthday. He turned 8 and we worked to give gifts that would go with his baptism. My family had been asked to sing a song in the Primary program. It was kind of last minute, but my kids knew it so I was not worried. My children did an amazing job. Even little Logan sang. They brought such an amazing spirit to the program. People have called to let me know how they were touched. The stake has asked them to participate in their training this week. It was a wonderful high. Then, yesterday I came home to Natalie sobbing. She had gotten an "F" and "D" on her report card. The F was because she did not study for one science test and did not do well. The D was in homework. It was because I neglected to sign her homework log 4 days in a row. I spoke with the teacher and finally told Natalie I don't care about the D or F. We can do better and when I said we I meant me too. I don't know if grades are a good idea in elementary school.
It seems that when you have an experience that testifies that you are precious in Heavenly Father's eyes, the adversary sends his own dose of "you aren't that great" to try to counteract those feelings. I plan to continue to help her focus on Sunday and not Tuesday.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Have you ever noticed
Posted by Crystal at 11:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Preston! We are looking forward to his baptism in December. You are good to realize what is happening and help Natalie focus on the wonderful girl she is. Thanks for sharing that!
What a valuable lesson! Natalie is so blessed to have a Mom to teach her eternal truths.
What a great way to look at this, Crystal. I agree - who cares if Natalie gets some low grades in elementary school. She's one of the sweetest, kindest kids I know, so please tell her how much we love her too!
I know! I hate it how Satan does that! Sometimes I want to say to him, "Leave me alone!" It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job teaching Natalie how to ignore Satan and focus on the blessings from the Lord.
Thanks for sharing your insights. I will be especially watchful for those messages from satan and refuse them! We are so blessed to be able to feel the Savior's love for us!
Post a Comment