Thursday, October 25, 2007

A GOOD DOSE OF FAMILY


Quick update on yesterday's blog. Natalie told me last night that she thinks that we might be the best family in the world! It was one of those "Mom Paydays". She is such a great kid.

The reason why I am blogging is to thank my family. I was having a "I don't feel so good about myself week and found that I could not get out of it. I tried talking myself out of it, fasting, praying, but found that I was still just sad. Last weekend we held a shower for Caytee (my sister) and I went down with my aunt's, grandma, and cousins. I had had little sleep the night before because of a sick baby. Just being around my family seemed to just slowly remove my sadness. I think it started when Shelley turned on the Christmas music because it was snowing. We laughed, slept, and joked on the two hour trip to and back. The shower was great thanks to my amazing sisters-in-law who pretty much threw a shower for my sister. I was very little help. At the shower I think everyone of my relatives mentioned my recent birthday and my wonderful sisters-in-law each made a point to give me a little gift. I felt so loved. When I got home that sadness was replaced by real joy. Family is amazing medicine. How thankful I am for an amazing family. Ok, and Jon taking over my mom's blog helped a ton too. Check out the video from the link to Carol's blog. It is a crack-up.

4 comments:

cpcox99 said...

Crystal - you are definitely an awesome sister-in-law and I agree with Natalie that you have one of the best families in the world. I'm glad you had fun with all of us this weekend. I want you to know how much I love you and please call anytime you're feeling sad!

Abbi said...

I totally understand. Sometimes I get feeling so sad and it is really hard to get myself out of it. Family always helps, because they just love you no matter what, and they make you feel like you are just great. And I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Late Birthday!

Kjirsten said...

I second Natalie's sentiments, you do have a great family! It's amazing what family and sleep can do to improve a mood. I have tried to access the video of your mom and, but it won't work for me - darn!

Caytee said...

Crys babe!
I agree with Natalie. I think that we have the best family in the whole world. A lot of that has to do with you, you know! You have been such an incredible sister and one that is hard to fill the shoes of. I hope you know how much we all love a appreciate you! I certainly have thought that all my life.