Thursday, May 10, 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

Today I wanted to post a help me post. I need to come up with Thirteen ideas for a job system and reading system to implement this summer. I don't need thirteen ideas from everyone, but two or three would be helpful. I will take 13 if you have them. What are you doing, what have you done, or where can I go for help. I will edit this with your responses. Thanks for playing.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

In the past the kids have had to make their beds and get their rooms clean every day before we can go to the pool. On Mondays (when I clean) they are assigned chores-- washing windows, sorting laundry, bathrooms, vacuuming, etc.

Shelley said...

Do jobs before play--Make it into a game so you will make happy memories while you make beds.

Abbi said...

As far as reading goes, I've found that it's better for me to set goals for the amount of time I'll read rather than pages or number of chapters or books. That way I can use the time to enjoy the book rather than feel rushed.

Jessi said...

I think I'm going to have a reading chart for my girls and for every 15 minutes they spend reading they get a star sticker. Once they fill their chart up they can go to McDonald's for an ice cream cone.

Christy said...

Maybe instead of creating your own reading system, you can just sign up for the summer reader program at your local library. Take something off your plate.