Wednesday, May 09, 2007

LIFE HAS TAKEN OVER

I have had a series of days in a row where I am barely making it. Dale just got put into our new bisphoric and for some reason it feels like alot more than the old bishopric did. I have so many things that need to be done and there is no time to do them. I continually forget how crazy May is. June should be better. The kids have only 12 days left of school. Today's list of to do include: laundry, clean house (Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow), work on community volleyball tournament I am incharge of, help Natalie memorize poem, piano lessons for the kids, concert tonight for Natalie. I hope to accomplish all, but just thinking of it all overwhelms me.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am totally with you Crystal! Lately I have felt like I am barely tredding water. And the first thing to suffer is my house. It is a mess! And then I get so frustrated that the house is so messy. So, I hear you. I have been feeling the exact same way!

Jessi said...

It's times like this I wish we lived closer to each other!! I could come mop your floors while you organized the volleyball tournament. Have you ever thought of moving to Georgia?! :)

Michelle Pyne said...

You have my empathy! My strategy for days like that is to choose the first priority and do it, then say, "What's next?!" Let the Spirit guide you, and then at the end of the day, put whatever didn't get finished on your list for tomorrow.

One mistake I often make is mentally "carrying" everything I need to do at one time. Put it on a mental shelf, to be dealt with one at a time. Or write it down on a list. That always gives me a sense of control and helps me calm down a bit.

Audra said...

Crystal you are amazing. You have always amazed me with how much you do and how much you serve. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be able to do it, and do everything very well! Good luck with it all!

Michelle Pyne said...

I think my comment above sounds a little like I think I know-it-all. I just wanted to let you know that I know that I don't!