I have been trying so hard to keep up with all I have on my plate and finally after having two tough weeks, I decided I can't do it all. If I do, my family and especially me suffer. Once I realized this I immediately took action to get out of what was not necessary. I am no longer in charge of the city volleyball tournament and I have had a change in church callings. It is amazing how simply taking these two things out of the equation has decreased the pressure and stress I have been experiencing. I also went to the temple. While there I struggled to stay awake and worried that I got nothing out of the session, but felt the peace that comes from there. I am moving forward again and not backwards. I have been able to accomplish a few of the things that need doing and am getting better at letting the others go.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
HOORAY for you!! If there is one thing I've learned about being a Mom it's to not even TRY to do everything. I know my capacity and I try and stretch myself, but when I'm at my breaking point I really don't push it. Sometimes I feel guilty for not being more driven, but in the end I think it's more important to be functional rather than frazzled.
I have heard that if we are not really busy, then we are not doing what we should. I don't agree with that. The phrase "really busy" makes me think of someone running around trying to do more than they can. I like the phrase "anxiously engaged in a good cause" much better. We don't need our lives to be out of control! Good job Crystal!
You came to a good conclusion!! It is not required that you "run faster than you have strength"!! In fact, I think it is unwise to try. Why is it that we expect that of ourselves?
Why can't I figure that out? I always take on too much, so I completely understand. When your life is full of thoughts of "if I can just make it through X", is that really a good thing? Good for you for recognizing when you've taken on too much.
Post a Comment