Tuesday, March 06, 2007

QUILTING

Jessi you inspire me. I have decided I can not resume quilting until Julia is a little bigger and Logan starts pre-school. This is a quilt I have been working on for a while for Dale. It still requires a border and needs to be quilted. I have one for Natalie that my mom is quilting. She works at a quilt shop and is using what she calls a long arm to quilt it.

This is a technique from my aunt that makes leaves with scrapes. I thought they turned out cute and hope to add them to my Thanksgiving wall hanging



This is a table runner still left over from Christmas. I had grand aspirations for Christmas, but decided being a fun kind mom was more important than fussing over projects.




Here is a baby quilt designed by my aunt that my sister-in-law made for me. I love my aunt's patterns because they are all simple quilting methods that anyone can do. She has designed a 36X36 wall hanging with matching table runner for each month. Below is my January(with the weather here it also works for February, March, and April). My sister-in-law also made it for me and gave me the hanger for Christmas. I just love it! With the design being so small we have been able to machine quilt them on our own machines.


4 comments:

Audra said...

It is so fun to see other's projects! Love those quilts!

Michelle Pyne said...

Quilts are so fun! Thanks for show and telling yours! They're wonderful! Don't worry that they don't get finished. That's pretty much how quilts are. They will wait around until you have time to finish them.

Laura said...

Beautiful quilts!! I would love to learn how to quilt - I just wish I had the room for it. Someday maybe...

Jessi said...

I LOVE THEM!!! They are all so beautiful. And I second the idea that they can wait until your babies are a little older. This is the first time in 8 years I haven't had a little baby and I am realizing how much time babies require, and how fast they grow up!