Thursday, March 08, 2007

MOTHERING TIP

I read this in a magazine and I thought that it made alot of sense. I am going to try it with my children. It is a technic that I think all mom's could implement very easily and it might have an interesting effect.

"When your children call to you or seek your attention, instead of responding with an exasperated "What?" try saying "Yes?" Somehow this slight change is naturally more upbeat. And when you do have to say no, children can accept it more easily when they've been answered all day with yes."

I'm going to try it! I'll let you know how it works for our family.

3 comments:

Abbi said...

I just read that tip this morning, and I too thought it was so insightful! I'm going to try to do this as well.

Jessi said...

Brilliant!! I will do it!

Audra said...

Hmmm. I will try it.