When I went to place the pictures of my quilts on my blog, I noticed that all (nearly 200) of my pictures were no longer on my memory card in my camera. I have been putting off placing them on a hard disc because I don't have any right now. There were about 7 months of pictures including Julia in the hospital, my children's birthdays, Christmas, you get the idea. I knew that my daughter Natalie had been playing with the camera on Sunday and it appears she had erased every single picture. I was sick. Literally ill. I was in tears trying to figure out what could be done. I spoke with someone about the possibility of recovering them somehow. Were they really gone? Then a thought passed through my mind. Two weeks ago I placed a picture on a old blog about Preston losing his two front teeth. I believed that I only downloaded that picture, but thought I could at least check my computer for these lost pictures. Under a folder marked teeth, I found all but two weeks worth of missing pictures. I am not especially clever when it comes to computers and it appears I downloaded all of the pictures in a sub folder attached to that picture somehow. I figured that this blogging has been worth it simply for this one small miracle.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I am SO glad you were able to find those pictures! That is a miracle!
What a relief!! I had a similar experience, minus the happy ending, when McKenna was a baby. Our camera wasn't working right and overexposed all of our pictures. We only have a few pictures of her until she is almost 4 months old.
Oh, thank goodness! Pictures are NOT a fun thing to lose.
Post a Comment