Dale and I have been married for 13 years and have never camped together. Yes, there was the occasional girl's camp our young men's camp, but we have never camped as a family. We don't even own enough sleeping bags for everyone. My amazing brother Nate took it upon himself to plan the most amazing camping/canoing trip and invited my family along. He brought us a tent and gave us really easy assignments. Dale was really worried because we planned to take 3 of our 4 kids. Logan the youngest can't swim and it was cause for concern. Then, the weather turned rainy and we had to postpone our trip by a day. In the end it was SOOOOOO much fun. The weather was perfect and we had no problems. Thank you Nate. Here are some fun pictures.My kids were so excited they were in the canoes before we were ready to launch. When we finished they were experts in the canoe thanks to Dad and Nate.
On one of our stops we came to a very high rock with a ledge to step on on . Chad tried to convince Abbi to come out to the edge, but she was not going any further.
Others had no fear or were good at pretending they didn't.
Relaxing
on the
river
Thanks for a great time Nate!!!!


11 comments:
What an awesome experience!!!! Is camping in your blood now?
Dale you look like a natural up there! ....Almost! ha ha!
Great pics, Crystal! I am glad you guys had such a great time! Nate had so much fun planning it and executing it! So, do you see more camping trips in your future?
Man, you guys do cool stuff. Can I come next time?
Looks like a very fun trip!! What I want to know is how did that super-camper Dale survive the experience? Is he a converted camper now, or will it take a few more experiences to convince him that camping is fun?? (Super-campers must run in the Howe family!)
We did great with the camping thanks to Nate's tent, Chad's sleeping bags, and my uncle's pads. The getting ready to camp is a lot for a mom. I think we would do it again as long as we could go with Chad, Nate, or my uncle.
I heard the trip was a lot of fun. Those are great pictures!
I am jealous! When I went on that trip, it was SO fun. It was lots of fun to babysit your kids by the way, they're so awesome! So ya know, just call me whenever you need me! :)
I was just checking in to see you how are all doing. The pictures of your trip were so fun to see again. What's the latest news of the Providence Howe Family?
Crys! When are you going to start blogging again? I miss you!
Okay, Crystal. You've been "camping" for awhile now. Time to move on! ;)
Post a Comment