I was a really bad mother yesterday. I lost my temper. I was no fun to be around and sent everyone to bed early. I think it was mostly stress. I have been pushing hard lately and feel like I am in quick sand. There is so much I should be doing and want to be doing, but it seems like nothing gets done the way I want it.
I found something that gives me words of encouragement. It is a handheld electronic word game. As you pass each level it gives you a new title. The first is birdbrain and it moves up to ninja (Preston's favorite label), savant, and I finally made it to two levels where the title can't help but make you feel better. The labels are Human Divine and All Mighty One.
And yes, I am feeling a little better today.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
Posted by Crystal at 1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Crys - I'm so glad to hear that you have bad mother days too. Just ask Curt - I had a complex the other night about how I feel like a crummy mother because I lose my temper some days so easily.
You are an awesome mom - so hang in there!! I'm glad you are feeling better now. :) We're super excited for you guys to come down this weekend. See you Saturday!!!
If you are a mom and don't lose your temper every once in awhile, you are not human. Those little kiddos just know how to take us to the limit. Luckily we can 'get back up, dust ourselves off, and try all over again' (isn't that a song?) And the kids are pretty resilient (sp?) - they can handle it!
Yep. I've been there. And it would have been nice to have someone telling me I was a "ninja", "savant", or "Human Divine."
Post a Comment