Friday, March 07, 2008

NEW DIET PLAN


I have never been on a diet in my life. I am careful with what I eat and try to exercise. Lately I have been felling sluggish. Especially in the afternoon. I have decided to change up my diet a little. I have committed to eat breakfast at least five times a week. I have hated breakfast ever since my first pregnancy. A majority of anything I ate before 10 a.m. during over three years of my life never stayed in my stomach. I have horrible morning sickness and have an aversion today to most breakfast foods. I am also so busy getting everyone out the door with food that I don't take the time to eat. I am not even very hungry until 10 or 11. Sometimes it is almost time for the kids to come home and I realize I haven't eaten all day.

A recent study showed that people who eat breakfast weigh less. By not eating and breaking the fast of night my body believes it needs to store food because it is hungry. I don't know if I will lose weight with this plan, but I am pretty sure I will have more energy in the afternoon.

My favorite breakfast food at present is Simple Harvest with vanilla, almond, and honey. I eat it with cut up oranges and it is yummy and fast.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

I love breakfast. Some mornings the fact that I get to EAT is what gets me out of bed in the mornings. :) But I can imagine that if I had memories similar to yours I wouldn't find it appealing, either.

Unknown said...

I learned all about that today in FCHD. Its very very true! cute new page by the way:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal! I've been reading some of your blog and I love it. I can't believe how alike we are in the whole "how do I do it all?" with kids, housework, church, life etc etc. I just want to thank you for the great example you are to me. Tomorrow will be a better day for me!!! You're inspiring.

Audra said...

I am a big fan of breakfast. It will be interesting to hear if it helps you. After a while, don't forget to report to us how it went! I am totally interested!