
Here is Jens(on the right) playing Manti football.
Last night my alma mater Manti High school won its third ever State Championship. This is significant because the first one they ever won my father was on the team. What made it ever better was that my nephew Jens was on the team this year. I read newspaper articles about the team and was impressed by what a team they really were. Their team cheer after every huddle was "Brotherhood". One kid wrote on his shoes, "We not me." What a great lesson to instill in young men. Congratulations Jens. We are proud of you.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
WAY TO GO JENS
Posted by Crystal at 7:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Congratulations to all the Manti High people! Winning a state championship is such a thrilling accomplishment! Way to go!
Need I mention that they beat my alma mater good ole' Parowan. Oh well. As long as Jens was on the team it's great! That's awesome!
Bless your heart for posting this! When I've had get some sleep and have a clean house, I will update my blog. At this rate, look for it sometime in August!
I attended this ball game.
I wanted to point out that the Parowan team cheer was a little different then Manti's "Brotherhood" mantra. Cheers of "In your face" could clearly be heard from where I was sitting. ;)
Congratulations to both teams.
Curtis
I was there at the game too in my Parowan shirt. I'm still trying to get over the defeat. It's a good thing Jens was on Manti's team--it makes the loss a little easier to swallow.
In addition to the "in your face" cheer that Curt mentioned, I heard that all of the Parowan players wrote on their shoes, "Me Me Me."
Congrats to Jens and all the Howe family.
--Jon
Post a Comment