Thursday, February 07, 2008

SNOW SHOES OUT OF CAR SEATS


A couple and their dog in Utah got trapped in their car by a snow storm. They were missing 12 days and found yesterday hiking out of the mountains by a snow plow. They had run out of food and had started eating dog food. The husband said that he remembered an adventure show telling how if stranded in snow and you needed to hike out you could make snow shoes out of your cars seat. He used a couple of bungee cords and his car seats and made snow shoes. Amazing huh!!! They mentioned in the article that he was also an Eagle Scout.

2 comments:

cpcox99 said...

That was an amazing story. I couldn't believe they were still alive after that many days. Hey BTW, I got that package today you e-mailed me about. See ya soon!

Michelle Pyne said...

I'm so glad that story has a happy ending! That is an experience I hope I never have!