It is difficult to write in your blog when it has been so long since your last post. I didn't take many pictures either over the holidays. We still had a lot of fun. Here are some of my favorite things.
Favorite Vacation Day- (December 21st) I took Natalie and 4 of her friends to SLC to see the lights and go to National Treasure 2. Curtis, Carrie, Grandma and Grandpa Cox also joined us for the festivities. We had free tickets and they also provided popcorn, drinks, and treats. We did it to celebrate Natalie's birthday which is in November. We just didn't have a weekend free any earlier in order to celebrate. She said it was worth the wait
Favorite New Christmas Game- Cosmic Catch by Nerf. It can play up to 6 players and is really fun.
Favorite thing from Neighborhood Party- Being guided to a needy family that our neighborhood could help. Plus awesome neighbors to hang out with.
Favorite memory from Martin family party- Chocolate fountain. My kids couldn't stop talking about it. Carrie you are awesome for hosting.
Favorite present received- New couch. Yeah. We have been looking for 2 years and finally found exactly what we wanted. I'll try to get a picture up. It is nothing fancy, but will be a great family couch. Everyone fits on it comfortably.
Favorite gift given- We gave my mom and dad an Ipod. They loved it. It is fun to hear that they are using it. It will change their life.
Favorite new Wii game- Karaoke party. This has given us hours of fun. Natalie is a natural. Preston is great too, but to embarrassed to do it very often.
Favorite Christmas food- Uncle Wayne's halibut and potatoes. There is nothing better.
Favorite memory of the kids this Christmas-
Natalie's note to Santa read. Santa are you really real or are you my mom and dad. TELL THE TRUTH. Preston stayed up past midnight trying to catch Santa. We had to wake him up about 9:00 a.m. to look at presents. Logan was an angel in the Nativity. He loved his wings and outfit. Julia loved every present she opened. She got a doll and would cuddle it and then when she opened another stuffed animal she would give it the attention it deserved.
Favorite overall memory- Christmas Eve we went to my aunt Shelley's home for dinner and to play. We had an awesome dinner and then did a little program. Shelley had chimes and her daughter Madi made posters that allowed us to play Christmas songs. We got up on a stage and took our turns with our chimes. We then dressed up and did a Nativity that included singing Christmas songs. It was right out of a Norman Rockwell panting. Thanks Shelley.
My favorite part of every Christmas- I love Christmas Eve when all the kids are asleep and Dale and I are sitting in a quiet home with all the Christmas lights on inside and out. I don't know it it is the lights or the quiet but, it is such a magical feeling.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well. I would love to know your favorite things about the season.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
RECAP OF CHRISTMAS
Posted by Crystal at 10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Man, I wish I could have been there with you guys. We need to get up north....bad! Sure good to talk to you the other day. And thanks again for the WONDERFUL gifts. I have a sister that knows me too well.
We love you and your fabulous family. Thanks for spending Christmas with us.
Too much fun! One of these years we'll have to trade an H* Thanksgiving and make some Christmas memories with you. Happy New Year! Here's hoping that 2008 brings us together much, much more.
Another wonderful Christmas! Thanks for sharing it with us! Christmas is a magical time. I think the Savior delights as we learn to love and value each other. I always want his Spirit to be with us!
Reading this brought a little bit of Christmas back. Thanks for the memories!
What a great post! So uplifting and fun!
What a wonderful season for your kids and you! Natalie's note cracks me up. Your kids are adorable!
This is such a fun post! I am glad you guys had such a great Christmas! We missed you guys!
Post a Comment