Thursday, November 08, 2007

Logan's favorite game


Logan is a big fan of two computer games (Pajama Sam and Freddy Fish). They are puzzle and logic games. You have to solve a mystery in each one. I tried it the first time and found it to be fairly difficult. We just ordered him more games at a web site called eplay buffet. In the Scholastic magazine these games cost $19.95 each. At this web site we got four for $14.85 and that included shipping. You can't beat that. I went to order it online and an error message came up. I ended up calling the company to order them. I immediately got a human on the phone and when I gave her my street number she said, "Oh, a good Mormon address. Mind you she did not have my city or state yet, just the address numbers. We began chatting and she said her children are at BYU right now. She was excited because her daughter was moving back to Minnesota to finish school. It is great being part of a worldwide church where you can recognize other members all over the country and world. Have you ever run into people in other states and countries and just known they were LDS? I have several times. Dale and I did once in the Bahamas. It is fun that we are a peculiar people, but can recognize each other.

2 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

Wow, that is an interesting story! We had an experience of meeting another Church member when we were staying in Florence, Italy. The girl who cleaned our room asked us when we passed her in the hall if we were Mormons. When we asked how she knew, she said she recognized our scriptures that we had left on the night stand. It truly is a world-wide Church!

Jessi said...

What a fun story!