We have an extremely antiquated computer with dial up. It is extremely frustrating to blog with pictures and has been soooooo slow. Dale just got a new computer at work and we were given his old one. So, we decided to set his up and I figured that I would blog when we did that. We are still waiting for the computer, because there appears to be some problems getting the information off his old computer. It has been several weeks now and I finally was going to give up. Then something amazing happened. What you ask? WE WON A LAPTOP. A laptop you say. Yes. Dale had business meetings two weekends ago near my parents home. My mother kindly agreed to watch my children and I accompanied him. The first evening they played bingo for awesome prizes like I-pods, cameras, and other technology items. They had us fill out a 9 square bingo card before everything started and fill it with random numbers. They used regular bingo cards for the initial prizes and then pulled out a laptop and said to change to the card we made ourselves. The games began and my card was not doing well and then somehow all of my numbers were called. Dale and I yelled bingo and to our shock so did the guy next to us. They decided to decide the winner by a coin toss. Dale called tails and it was heads. We were disappointed. Then the person running the game walked and handed the laptop to me. They decided to give it to us and buy another for the guy sitting near us. He lives closer to them and so it would be easier to give it to us. How cool is that. Now with the use of a wireless connection that my neighbor is letting me use things are up and running again and I can blog very easily. You may ask why it has taken me so long to use this new laptop. It is because I a computer illiterate and needed help from a friend getting everything set up. THANK YOU BOB!!! So, I'm back and can't wait to hear and talk to you soon.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Whoopie! A win for you is a win for us all. I have been in withdrawals, not knowing what's up with one of my favorite H* families.
I thought you had become extremely busy, too busy to get to the blog. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all the news.
Hooray! Congratulations on winning that laptop! That is super exciting. Can't wait to read more blogs!
Hey Crys. You were the blogging queen and then suddenly, no more posts. I'm glad to see you're back online. Thanks for motivating the rest of us to blog! See you next week!!
Post a Comment