Saturday, June 30, 2007

VACATION BEFORE THE CELEBRATION

The happy couple

The entire C* family


The Manti Temple where they were married

(I just love this picture)

On the 19th of June Dale told me he had a meeting in Salt Lake and asked if I would find a sitter for the kids in order to attend with him. Soon after, my sister asked if my kids could join her about the same time at the cabin. I finally agreed to the babysitting offer and when the time came, dropped the kids off to attend meetings. I was reading a book while Dale drove and finally looked up to realize that we were at the airport. Dale had a silly grin on his face when I asked him what we were doing there and after parking the car gave me an envelope telling me we were going to Los Angeles to see the play Wicked. I had been dying to see it and was so excited. It was a wonderful three days and actually so fun it was a little difficult to come home. Thank goodness Chad and Abbi's wedding was the next day or who knows what would have happened.

Friday the 22nd was the reception and the 23rd was the wedding. I didn't pack my camera to L.A, because I thought we were going to business meetings. I will show pictures of the wedding soon. It was so much fun. After the wedding festivities, we had a get together with the H*s. We loved seeing the cousins go from shy strangers to best buddies. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait until we do it again.

I came home to tons of laundry and my last two shifts at work. It has been a crazy couple of weeks and we enjoyed just relaxing yesterday on the 4th. We sure did need it. I will attach pictures to this blog soon, so keep posted.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Every time I think about WICKED I want to see it again. Once just wasn't enough!!

And Lydia keeps asking when we are going to see you again. We had the best time with you in Utah. Wish we could do it more often!!!

Laura said...

How fun!! Way to go Dale!! Surprises like that are the best. I hope you guys are staying cool out there - the weather looks awful!

Michelle said...

Dale is so good to you! We were all so excited for you to be able to do this fun trip and see Wicked! But, of course, we couldn't talk to you about it! We did a pretty good job of keeping the secret. And it was worth not knowing, don't you think! We love you guys!