Tuesday, April 17, 2007

BASKETBALL GROUP

A stake next to ours has started a women's basketball group twice a week. Basketball is not my best sport, but I have loved playing with them. We always play full court and if there is not enough people we play with no out of bounds and free throws after a shot is made. It has been going on now for about four weeks. The first few weeks I my lungs would burn and my legs would ache most of the time. Today for the first time, I hit the floor running, ran a majority of the game, and felt like I could continue on. I am getting more aggressive down low and found I have a knack for rebounding. I have decided I like this game a little better now.

3 comments:

Abbi said...

That's so awesome your stake does that! I would like to learn how to play basketball. That's good you're good at rebounding--rebounds are so important! When I watch basketball, I almost get more excited when people rebound than when they score.

Jessi said...

Isn't it a good feeling when you work at something and then feel yourself improving?? Good job!

Michelle Pyne said...

You have my utmost admiration. I love to watch basketball, but play it??? No Way! You're an athlete at heart!