Tuesday, March 27, 2007

4TH GRADE MATH

Math has gotten so much harder for elementary school students. Natalie has been doing pre-algebra and some geometry for two years. I check her work almost daily and many times we still miss problems. Here are a few to try. I remind you they are tricky with what they want for answers. Good luck.

1. "A pint's a pound the world around" means that a pint of water weighs about a pound. About how much does a gallon of water weigh?

2. Tony had six coins in his pockets totaling 43 cents. How many of the coins were nickels.

3. Print in uppercase the eighth letter of the alphabet, and show its lines of symmetry.

4. 2.386 + 1.2 + 16.25 + 10=

5. 13m = 3705

1 comments:

Laura said...

You need to post the answers! (because I can't figure out several of them - I'm in big trouble when my kids get to 4th grade)