A few years ago, Preston had to give a talk in Primary about responsibilities. He couldn't read yet so we made it with stick figure pictures. He talked how everyone has "sponsibilities" and when everyone is doing them, the home runs smoother. Well Saturday we did not have a very good day for responsibilities. First we were all tired. (Strike one). Preston pretended to work, but got nothing done. Natalie worked hard and tattled that Preston wasn't working. I was stressing about my lesson and ordering everyone around. Dale was just holding Julia and trying to work at the same time so that he could help. (Strike two). At the dinner table strike three hit. Natalie was saying very unkind things, Preston was enjoying Natalie getting reprimanded and Dale and I were upset over something insignificant said earlier.
I have decided that we need clearer means to see what our responsibilities are and am making job charts as we speak. Family Home Evening will be on responsibilities. It will also show what mine are too so the kids and I see what I should be and am doing.
Monday, February 26, 2007
RESPONSIBLITIES
Posted by Crystal at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You've inspired me - we need to have responsibilities too and we don't currently. The house always seems to be a disaster and there's not a good reason other than, we wait until we can't stand it anymore before dealing with the chaos. I'm making a job chart too!! Thanks Crystal!!
This is no easy task! But I think you're right, it becomes a little bit easier when expectations are clear and everyone is aware of what they need to do. You're such a good mom!
Excellent idea. I also think it's great to show the kids what you do. There have been a few times my kids have complained about their chores and I offered to switch with them. Once they realized that they had the better deal it made their jobs seem (a little) easier.
Post a Comment