This weekend Dale's father was taken to the ER for a health problem. Dale had planned to go spend Friday night and Saturday with his parents and take the two boys and be back Sunday because I had to work. He realized that he would need to stay longer because of the situation and so instead of taking two children he took all four. We had the two oldest stay with my brother who lived nearby. Between my three brothers we were able to transport them to and from and house them for three days. Dale took on the younger two and then decided to stay one additional day to make sure his parents were ok after his father was released from the hospital. Dale's brother then took the two oldest overnight Sunday.
This fairly complicated arrangement left me by myself for nearly four days. At first I was in confusion. I don't believe I have been alone overnight for years. I got several projects done. Slept a lot. Went to work and came home to a house that stayed clean. It was really nice. I was ready for my family to come home and felt regenerated. If anyone is looking for a great gift to ask for any occasion I suggest a few days alone in your own home. I was able to get so much accomplished in such a short time. THANKS DALE!!!!!! LOVE YOU.


4 comments:
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! I'm so glad you had that time, especially on the heels of a new baby. I bet if people (aka, husbands) knew how much time alone rejouvenates us I think they'd take the kids away more often. I think I'm going to suggest this to David! :)
I'm glad you had such a good weekend! And I'm glad I got to see your kids too! They are all so darling.
What an awesome gift! And if anybody deserves it, it is you, Crystal! You are such a hard working, service oriented, selfless person. You do so much. I am glad you had such a wonderful break.
Awww, what a good guy Dale is. I hope his dad is feeling okay. Glad you got some time alone - I crave time alone. CRAVE it.
Post a Comment