I have hit a fun point in parenthood. My children are 10,7,3, and 3 months. One of my children's favorite things to do is make a fort. I remember doing this as a child. Playing house in it, making it two stories that rocks and many times fell, begging mom to let us sleep in it. We had a birthday party and went on a scavenger hunt. I've done several in my lifetime, but for these boys it was their first. They were thrilled with the idea of going to neighbors and asking for obscure items and getting them. Natalie (10) had her first daddy/daughter activity. Preston had his first report card. Both have had their first teasing because a boy or girl in their class likes them. There are firsts everywhere. I remember this time as a very happy time in my life and love watching that through their enjoyment of many firsts.
LOGAN'S LIST OF WORDS
Logan (3) continues to amaze me by using large words appropriately. Every week there is a new one. I am starting a list of those used and will add as they go. It amazes me.
1. distracting (After a basketball game told me waving arms during foul shots is distracting)
2. tragedy (Told me my friends getting a divorce was a tragedy)
3. genius (Stated he is one)
4. competition (Called a race between his brother and cousin one)
5. disgusting (pork and beans enough said)
6. entertaining (a movie)
7. marvelous (word to describe the first wearing of underwear)
8. amazing and awesome
Friday, November 17, 2006
FIRSTS AGAIN
Posted by Crystal at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
lWow, I don't even use those words!:0 I'd have to agree with him - he is a little genius!
Oh, and about the comments on my blog. It emails me the comments first and then I publish them. I got both of your comments and published both!
I wish we could get him and Emily together! He would probably be a good influence.
Crystal, I am so glad you are starting a blog! They're fun, huh. Although I admit, I'm terrible at keeping mine up. I have loved reading your entries. Especially the one about Natalie. What a precious life-long lesson that is. Natalie is a lucky girl to have such a good mom!!
Post a Comment