We spent FHE last night setting up Christmas. The longer I am married the more decorations we tend to accumulate. We have lights outside on the house this year which is exciting for the kids to turn on every evening. We got a snow storm last night while we were setting up which made everything perfect. We listened to the Carpenter's Christmas album, and one by Amy Grant. I love Christmas music! I was exhausted when it was all finished, but had a nice moment reading a Christmas story to the family in front of the tree before family prayer. It is so relaxing to sit in a room with only the Christmas lights on. I wonder why we don't do it year round. We put a strand of lights up in the kids room. They loved it and it kept Logan(3) in bed even though he did not fall asleep for some time. We will have our neighborhood party in a couple of weeks and family parties are also planned. December is normally crazy, but I plan to spend time each night in front of that tree slowing down a little. It is not in my nature to slow down, so I have to make a conscience effort to do so. I hope you are all enjoying your lights. Look for a Christmas letter soon. We are on top on it this year.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
A friend of mine was recently complaining about how much work it was setting up all her Christmas decorations and how no one appreciates what she does, but I think I would still put up our decorations even if it were just me. They totally change the atmosphere of our home and are a physical reminder that this season is different. It is a lot of work, but it is absolutely worth it!!
Christmas lights sure can make a room feel magical, huh! I love that feeling of sitting in a room that is only lighted by Christmas lights. I hope you are still enjoying them!
Post a Comment