Friday was a day of ups and downs. On Thursday night, Preston placed 3rd in the Pinewood Derby. After the first heat, Dale thought he would help Preston put graphite on his wheels. Instead he put super glue on the wheels. Dale said he couldn't enjoy the night after that. We were shocked when Preston placed third and got a trophy. He was sooooooo happy. Friday we were still on a high from the win.
Natalie had her History Fair on Friday too. Dale and I went and were very impressed with the projects the kids had done. Natalie chose Eleanor Roosevelt and did a great poster and paper. I helped her because it was her first time putting a project together, but she gave an excellent presentation. If you see her ask her questions about Eleanor Roosevelt. We were sooooo happy when she came home and announced she was chosen to represent her school at region.
With the ups come the downs though. I went visiting teaching and brought Logan to play with his friend. The two of them took out a pet hamster that was owned by his friend's big sister. They placed it into its exercise ball and then bowled with it. They came upstairs stating that the hamster might be dead. Logan felt so bad. He didn't realize that he could kill it. He apologized to its owner and said he had learned his lesson. Next time he wouldn't touch the hamster, but he might talk to it. We are still working to figure out a way to replace it. Thanks to all those who have been willing to go out of the way to help with the cause.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
A Day of Celebration and Sadness
Posted by Crystal at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You were right about ups and downs! Congrats to Nat and Preston, that is so great! And so sad for Logan. I guess you can look at it as a learning experience. Are you going to have to buy a new hamster?
Madi is picking one up for us right now. This type was hard to find.
Yay for Natalie and Preston. Tell Preston that Big Preston is proud of him! And I'm so proud of Natalie. What an adorable girl she has become. We had a blast with her this weekend. Thanks for letting her come. And poor Logan. Sorry to tell you, but Preston and I can't help but crack up about the hamster incident. Sounds like Logan!
Congratulations to Natalie and Preston! I watched a program on TV about Eleanor Roosevelt, so I can't wait to talk with Natalie about her.
Tell Logan we had a similar experience with our guinea pig. Our friend was holding it and it jumped out of his hands. The fall hurt it so bad it died. I assured our friend that it was NOT his fault!
Post a Comment