What do you do when your 1 year old goes into the bathroom and closes the door, then opens the drawer by the door so that the door will not open and then jams a lotion bottle in the drawer so the drawer will not close, and is now trapped in the bathroom desperate to get out. Do you have a picture of this yet? Other points of interest. Hings for the door are on Julia's side. There is no means of taking off knob on my side either.
The answer:
After about 30 minutes of crying (by Julia) ,the clever use of a wire hanger(the only thing that could fit through the small crack that I was able to open between the drawer and the door) to knock the lotion bottle back into the drawer, and continuous. "Please close the drawer Julia" she finally settled down enough to figure out how to get herself out. You could tell it was traumatic to her. I had her blanket handy and snuggled her until she fell asleep. Poor Julia
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
WHAT DO YOU DO
Posted by Crystal at 2:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh what a traumatic experience! Poor Julia, and poor you to have to go through that too! I'm glad you were able to find a solution!
Poor Julia and Crystal! That is traumatic for both of you. You are so resourceful! And I am sure Julia loved the snuggles afterward feeling so safe!
Running into the bathroom and blocking the door with the drawer is one of David's old tricks when he would pester his sisters and they would try and catch him. Julia is a little young for those antics. :)
I'm SO glad your experience had a happy ending. I would be in a panic.
Yikes! You handled that emergency like a pro! I'm so glad all ended well!
That makes me think of the time Abbi (age 2.5) locked herself outside on a patio in a house we had just moved into. I finally heard her crying and opened the door. She was very emphastic about how "up set" she was. We still remember that experience. So will you and Julia!
Post a Comment