I became a RN about 11 years ago and have been working very part time since I had children. I have been working for the last four years only four hours a week on Thursday night from 5-9 and every fifth Sunday. It was enough to keep my licence current and still not interfere with my family. We were told last week that the clinic I work for will no longer be having evening hours. I have mixed feelings. I enjoy being a nurse. It feels so natural to me as if I have always been a nurse. I loved having a little extra money to play with. I didn't like working Sundays. I will miss it, but feel like it is change that needed to take place. I know I will find something again that will work with my family. I think though that having a few years off will be good for me and my family.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I bet you will miss working, but it will be nice not to have to work on Sundays too. Let us know how the transition goes for you!
When things like that happen to me, I often see the hand of the Lord in it. It sounds like you do too. Good luck adjusting to the new situation!
Post a Comment