Thursday, February 01, 2007

VOLLEYBALL


Ever since Natalie was born, I have played on a city rec volleyball team. I remember Natalie being about 2 and having her come watch my games. Fall season, my health was not good enough to play so I planned to play winter. This winter season, the team I had set up fell apart because three of the players learned they were pregnant. I was very discouraged because volleyball makes me happy. I called my cousins wife, who also plays, and asked if I could sub for their team. I played with them last night. They are really good and I am not quite up to what I'd like to be, but it was fun to play with a very competitive team. We won!!


I think the funnest thing about it was Natalie though. Lately I have not let my children come to my games. They are sometimes late in the evening and many times my children can be a distraction. Natalie wanted to come so I let her. She was so cute. She would say, "GO MOM" really loud and out of instinct I would turn my focus to her. I told her she would need to think of something else to cheer instead of mom. All night she was yelling "GO GRAY SHIRT". It was so fun to hear. Between games I would practice bumping with her. She is actually really good. We played six games to 25 and I am a little sore today. I feel really good this morning though. Volleyball seems to lift my spirits. I am beginning to look for a team to play with in the spring.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Good for you!!! Everyone always asks me why I "let" David play sports when he is home so seldom, but he NEEDS the outlet. I hope you find a team of play on in the spring!

Audra said...

That is so great Crystal. You are an inspiration for me to join a team!

Abbi said...

It's amazing how much good a little competitive outlet can do for a soul, huh! I'm glad you were able to play with that team. And the "GO GRAY SHIRT" story cracks me up!! You have such adorable kids!!