Each of my children are allowed to have one food that they are not required to eat. Natalie has chosen RICE. I think it is because I made her eat some wild, long grain rice when she was little and she has been traumatized by it ever since. This dislike for rice came up yesterday when we were having a discussion about friends.
I watched a program where a women stated that the thought, words, and actions that you have or do are simply orders for what you want to come back. She used the example of being in a restaurant and ordering what you want and when the waitress comes and brings you your plate it is exactly what you ordered. Now for an example of how this concept works in life. If you say, "I have a totally dysfunctional family where everyone is nuts." What will come back to you is a dysfunctional family that is nuts." Even though they probably are, focusing on that rather than what trying to find a redeeming quality in them is only going to give you back what you ordered. I noticed that recently I had been using some of these "ORDERS" in my life. (i.e. my 3 year old is driving me crazy, I can never get anything done, I am so tired). After thinking about the thoughts I have been having, I realized I have been feeling that I am going crazy and I am too tired to get anything done. I am ordering everything I am getting.
I have become very aware of these "orders" now and while at a gymnastics meet with Natalie and two of her friends I saw how she was ordering the wrong things too. After a fun night out with two cute friends, Natalie got very grumpy and began to distance herself from her friends. We dropped off her first friend when I heard her say to the second, "I feel like you like (friend number one's name) more than me". She had also told me that she felt like her two friends didn't like being with her. When we pulled into the garage, I sat with her and explained the concept of ordering what comes to us. I explained to her that when she has the thought that her friends don't like to be with her she is ordering for her friends not to want to be with her. I then said to her, "What do you think you are ordering when you say to your Sadie, I think you like Anna more than me" Her response was "I am ordering rice."
Saturday, February 10, 2007
ORDERING RICE
Posted by Crystal at 4:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Natalie's wisdom is way beyond her years! I wish she and McKenna could spend time together. I am sure they would be best buddies.
What an important lesson to learn! What an awesome mother to teach her and what an impressive young girl to understand! I will remember this.
That is a really insightful concept. Thanks for sharing! I need to apply this in my life as well. And I can't believe how astute Natalie is. Well, actually, considering what parents she has, I can believe it!
Post a Comment